Caroline Calvin offered some great tips to the “skinny” on how to wear skinny jeans and straight jeans:
- Wear long tunic tops for a long lean appearance or sweater knits to create eye-teasing balance.
- High heels, high heels, high heels! A pair of high heels will give you a sexy, long, lean look with either skinny or straight jeans.
- For classic Audrey Hepburn-inspired style, try pairing ballet flats with a crop-length fit. If Sienna Miller is more your style icon, pair flats with a longer skinny jeans and a long tunic-style top, but keep in mind this look works best on smaller frames.
- Guys can feel as cool as James Dean by slipping into a pair of vintage-style sneakers with lean straight-leg jeans.
- Pair skinny jeans with a high-heeled slouchy boot. The chunkiness of the boot makes the leg look slimmer. For the same effect, try wearing one of the new skinny stacked-style jeans. The stacking at the ankle offers visual balance much like a boot-cut fit.